Project Manager / Scrum Master 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This company is distinctive because they _PUT PEOPLE FIRST _INCLUDING A GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE!
BENEFITS INCLUDE: HEALTH, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE, 401(K) PLAN DEPENDENT CARE, DISABILITY AND EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, PAID TIME OFF (PTO), FLEX SCHEDULING AND PAID HOLIDAYS. WELLNESS INITIATIVES ARE AVAILABLE INCLUDING PILATES, YOGA, LUNCH AND LEARN PROGRAMS AND SEVERAL OUTREACH PROGRAMS.
The PROJECT MANAGER will start a new project that will be the prototype model for their first mature utilization of the Agile development methodology. The ideal candidate will have a mentoring mentality and able to bring a team of developers along in the new approach and practices. A certified Scrum Instructor will be available to support the initial training and work with the candidate Agile Scrum Master, but the candidate will need to be able to work with and develop a team that is new to Agile. This position reports to the Director of Software Development
* Coordinates the development team's efforts throughout the lifecycle
* Utilized both waterfall and Agile methodologies to drive project completion
* Drive the adoption and enforcement of basic Scrum principles
* Adapt basic, core Agile methodologies, practices and process to meld into the Company culture, workforce and processes
* Aligns resources on other teams, such as product management, quality assurance and server support
* Masters agile and scrum principles and applies them to the development team's workflow
* Builds and maintains excellent relationships with team members
* Presents status to Directors and communicates concisely with executives
* Uses a variety of Agile metrics to help monitor progress on projects and roadmaps, code quality and business value. Also uses Agile estimation methods for estimating projects.
* Serve as Project Managerreporting status to an overall program manager while also serving as Scrum Master for the software development team.
* 5+ years of experience in website or software project management. 3+ years of Agile methodology experience.
* Large scale production systems delivery experience
* Excellent communication with clients and developers.
* Strong understanding of websites and applications, including how they operate
* Strong knowledge of Agile tools and can train others on using these tools, especially JIRA.
* Demonstrated understanding of software engineering practices, continuous integration, GIT (or other versioning tool
* Ability to translate technology jargon into simple, understandable, business language when dealing with non technical personnel
* PMP Certification a plus.
* Scrum Master Certification a plus
* A Bachelor' s degree is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.