Project Manager, Senior
Worley Parsons - Concord, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Worley Parsons Worley Parsons
- Concord, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
We are currently sourcing a Senior Project Manager to join the offices of a major refinery customer in the San Francisco Bay Area as a seconded employee. WorleyParsons supports its customer by placing qualified and experienced project management personnel in seconded roles to assist the customer achieve their project execution milestones in compliance with their goals. The projects to manage will be a mix of brownfield and small capital projects. This will be a senior position with specific experience in the refining industry's gated process of project approvals and shall be familiar with IPA's methodology and recommendations. In addition to working as seconded employee for the customer, the responsibilities will also include managing interface between customer and WorleyParsons for brownfield projects executed by WorleyParsons. Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or subtask. Acts as the Company representative in regards to the customer and selected subcontractors during the program's execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the customer. Markets and secures additional work with customer. Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the program, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Assigns responsibility to executing project plans for key subordinates and assesses how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Promotes technical excellence as well as the improvement of the Quality Improvement Process. Mobilizes Company resources, through effective liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Works with individual lead discipline engineer to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Works with individual lead discipline to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the customer and Company management of any such changes.
- Oversees establishment of Work Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan and other documents for hazardous waste work. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of customers. Completes other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate.
- BA/BS degree in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent relevant experience. Typically 15+ years of relevant experience supervisory and/or project management including technical and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Manages work directly or indirectly through Managers. Typically manages multiple, complex projects or programs. This includes minor or major projects. Ability to visualize and design new concepts and ideas related to technical/functional projects; Broad knowledge of business operations and ability to implement and sometimes lead organizational change effectively within project scope; Solutions are derived from interpreted and applied general information and consultation with other individuals. Typically manages work directly through project leads or other project managers.
- Ability to visualize and oversee the design of new concepts and ideas related to the broader organization as well as functional area of expertise and ; Broad knowledge of business operations and ability to implement and lead organizational change effectively; Solutions are derived from interpreted and applied general information and consultation with other individuals. The ability to effectively communicate and present complex program proposals and reports to executive level management and/or the Board is critical. Participative management style with a cooperative team approach. Proven leadership skills in multi-cultural and possibly multi-national environments.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Generally characterized as a manager with expert level technical knowledge. Manages and directs through mid-level and senior level managers or first level directors.
- Typically will interface with lower level personnel, executive management, customers, and outside vendors.
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees involved in leadership include:
Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability, Managing Vision & Purpose, Command Skills, and Global Business Knowledge.