Project Manager / Senior Electrical Engineer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
COMPANY: An Electrical engineering consulting firm specializing in electrical and lighting design services to architects, interior designers, landscape architects and building owners in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
LOCATION: EMERYVILLE, CA
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/Permanent & Direct hire job
* Electrical engineering design for large complex projects while assuring that technical, schedule, and budget targets are met in accordance with client expectations and applicable professional standards.
* Meeting with clients, project teams, building officials, contractors and others to address electrical discipline issues and to develop effective working relationships.
* Presenting Silverman & Light's engineering qualifications to clients in project interviews in formal and informal settings.
* Coordinate and review the work of electrical engineers, designers, lighting designers, and CAD/BIM production staff on assigned projects.
* Prepare electrical scope narratives with electrical distribution and lighting design concepts, one line diagrams, and emergency power systems.
* Coordinate with utility companies for power and telecommunications.
* Visiting construction sites or existing buildings as required for information-gathering, observing, answering contractor questions, and preparing observation reports and punch lists.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
* 10 to 15years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* BSdegree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
* PE license preferred.
* OSHPD or DSA experience.
* LEED(tm) certification.
* Experience in sustainable design for electrical systems.
* Additional experience with SKM, AGI32 and other engineering software as well as familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office software.