Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Tecan US Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tecan is a leading player in the fast growing global life sciences equipment and supply industry. We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company and to be an active member to participate in our business. For the Integration unit we are looking for a:
PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: RALEIGH, NC
The Project Manager is responsible for determining automation goals, requirements, and develops specifications, proposals and supporting documentation by working directly with customers in conjunction with local Field Sales Engineers and Sales Application Specialists. They manage integration projects from customer concept through implementation and acceptance. The Project Manager plays an active role in building, running, testing and installing systems.
SERVES AS A LIAISON WITH CUSTOMERS AND TECAN SALES AND APPLICATIONS TO ESTABLISH MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF SYSTEM GOALS AND LIMITATIONS. 10%
* Develops custom methods in Tecan EVOware, and other software packages and estimates throughput for various configurations. 10%
* Develops project proposals and specifications, and also provides estimates of time, expenses and manpower requirements. 15%
* Manages project details to define component tasks, identify or develop sources for hardware and software components, and coordinates customization with vendors, Tecan team members, and customer lab and facilities staff. Defines component tasks and timelines and ensures that technical and budgetary requirements and timelines are met. Provides regular status updates to management. 15%
* Hands-on development and assembly, installs and optimizes system at Tecan US and/or at customer sites; Oversees installation of automated system and customer site acceptance. 25%
* Generates comprehensive set of documentation for each system (manuals, operating Instructions, maintenance procedures, facilities requirements, spare parts, etc.). 15%
* Trains customer staff and Tecan field Applications and Service staff. 5%
* Supports installed system (backup for field personnel). 5%
- ABILITY TO LEAD WITH CONFIDENCE, MOTIVATION, DECISIVENESS, FLEXIBILITY, SOUND BUSINESS JUDGMENT
- Ability to recognize and manage potential problem areas and resolve them with integrity
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of internal and external clients
- Ability to communicate clearly is very important
- Ability to travel approximately 30%(i.e. overnight, customer sites, trade shows , other Tecan offices)
- Ability to work well under pressure, to multi task
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- High level of commitment and initiative
- A desire to make the difference!
- BS DEGREE IN ENGINEERING, LIFE SCIENCES OR A RELATED FIELD
- Has a proven understanding of both laboratory and engineering principles.
- Experience includes minimum 2 4 years in software/Automation/Systems/Robotics Engineering.
- Experience in integration, troubleshooting, and computers are a must, with particular emphasis on scheduling of complex methods and interfacing of components.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in related field sales support, project management.
- Experience giving technical presentations and sales demonstrations.
- Knowledge of commercial/clinical/research laboratory procedures and investigative methods, with practical experience a big plus.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AND SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: HTTPS://HOME.EEASE.ADP.COM/RECRUIT/*ID=15414101
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled/Veteran. If you need assistance applying for this position please call Human Resources at (800) 338-3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ]]