Project Manager - Special Projects (Interiors)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Balfour Beatty is looking for a Project Manager with Interiors experience manageing Interior jobs of 40 million and below projects. This role is responsible for assisting in managing all administrative and technical requirements for construction projects as they relate to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up/updates and schedules, to ensure projects are completed in a safe, profitable, quality and timely manner. Maintain constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations by supporting the Senior Project Manager in all aspects of assigned projects.
PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists Project Manager to determine resources needed people, tools, equipment, materials and internal services for each project. Collaborate with Project Manager to decide how and when those needs will be met and by whom. Preconstruction Services
* Assists with Preconstruction Services to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in assigned projects.
* Assists Project Manager with construction schedule and an organization and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project.
* Assists with creating and managing project budgets.
* Assists in preparing bid packages and subcontract scopes of work; set up subcontractor pre-work meeting, keep minutes and follow up.
* Complies with requirements of owner contracts (such as bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs). Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Assists Project Manager in defining responsibilities for processing submittals including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff.
* Confirms all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers is completed at appropriately designated times before and during the project.
* Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
* Ensures project site and company assets are secure, and maintain a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
* Communicates with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications. If performance problems occur, coordinate with the Project Manager regarding the appropriate actions to take with the subcontractor. Project Administration, Operations, Coordination and Close-out
* Attend all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings with project staff and other key people on project concerns, problems, and unexpected situations that may arise with subcontractors, suppliers, customer changes, etc.
* Compare progress to schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review any problems, and verify the quality of work being performed meets contract specifications and Balfour Beatty Construction guidelines.
* Complete a time impact analysis for each change proposal for submittal to the owner; coordinate with Project Manager and Scheduling Director.
* Manage the project closeout process to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development by attending operations training programs and takes direct accountability for training and developing direct reports. Essential Competencies* Balfour Beatty Band/Position * Focus on Excellence
* Foster Teamwork & Collaboration
* Respect & Value Others
* Thinking Skills
* Results Driven
* Establish Priorities
* Coach Others
* Interpersonal Sensitivity
* Motivate & Inspire Others
* Mindful of Risk & Safety
* Business Acumen * For key definitions, refer to the BBC Leadership Brochure
* BS in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field plus 4 to 7 years of experience in leadership positions on projects of various sizes preferred, or a minimum of 8 years of field experience in leading construction projects of various sizes; previous interiors experience highly preferred.
* Prioritizes and delegates multiple responsibilities to others.
* Supervises and develops direct reports to assess and build talent.
* Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, motivate others, and sell new business.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now