Project Manager 8/26/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
Currently, Jones Lang LaSalle is seeking a Project Manager with construction experience to join our Projects Team in Spring Texas.
The ideal candidate would be a safety focused, pro-active communicator who partners with our client and account team to translate the client s business requirements into industry leading project plans. The client is looking for a credible, impactful communicator, who operates with a no surprise approach.
* Works as part of the Projects Team, assisting with the implementation and execution of the scope of work, schedule and budget for delivering a safe, successful project
* Provide superior client service through the delivery of projects and communication of expectations
* Provide superior vendor management
* Contribute to the growth of the company through innovative ideas and a collaborative mindset
* Enhance own professional and personal skills through quality conversations with your management and peers
* Meet assigned financial targets of the account around project execution
* Proactively manage project-related issues on assigned projects and escalate critical items to management in a timely fashion.
* Manage projects to the developed scope, schedule, budget and safety standards for assigned projects.
* Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders, invoices and goods receipts, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
* Conduct and document all weekly meetings.
* Coordinate and track all Vendor RFP s. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
* Manage internal client resources, 3rd party design professionals and construction teams to implement assigned projects.
* Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors for specific MEP and general construction scopes of work as indicated by client
* Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by the client, corporate finance, account finance team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
* Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 8 years of practical experience in a commercial construction management/project management field
* The core areas of expertise should be commercial construction and knowledge of the Loss Prevention System (LPS).Experience with LEED, PMI, LEAN and/or Six Sigma preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Highly organized with strong analytical skills focused on identifying problems, proposing solutions and following through to completion
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients and vendors
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
* Performing administrative tasks such as the preparation of PO requisitions, work orders, etc. to support the entire Projects Team
* Flex-hours may be required since some construction work occurs after normal business hours
* Write work permits and monitor fire watches, lock-out-tag-out (LOTO) confined space and overhead work limitations
* Ability to prepare and track schedules preferred via Microsoft Project.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.