Project Manager Supply Chain-CI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
MTD Products Inc
Valley City, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The Continuous Improvement Manager directs highly visible Supply Chain process improvement business projects and Supply Chain IT projects by coordinating teams to meet the project goals and objectives. This manager must have the ability to understand business needs and translate them into process improvement and software enhancements. Also must guide selection of software to meet business needs. This position must exhibit a balance of business acumen with technological savvy.
* Manage complex Supply Chain projects; primarily IT based in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
* Work closely with Business Project Sponsor to keep the business updated throughout the life of the project to ensure high customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for effectively defining, planning, scheduling, & training of new process improvement projects as well as gathering estimates of cost, timing and ROI.
* Most importantly is responsible for coordinating, and driving the delivery of the projects.
* Compile supply chain data and provide it for team-wide use, analysis and decision making.
* Monitor and report on the status of project efforts, including weekly time reporting, budget tracking and problem prevention/mitigation.
* Partner with Business and Technical Management and Infrastructure to ensure that systems are developed to comply with business needs.
* Act as a role model for professionalism, critical thinking and setting productivity pace as well as promoting a financial focus with emphasis on business value.
* Mentor and coach Supply Chain intern as business team resources.
* Facilitate Supply Chain RI Events throughout the year.
* Facilitation and coordination of Supplier Council Meetings and Material Manager s Meeting (3) times a year.
* Support PPSM with Sourcing, Operations and Quality.
* 5+ years of proven industry experience as a Project Manager.
* Bachelor s degree, with experience in IT and related business field.
* Expertise with Data retrieval and reporting.
* Experience deploying large-scale IT projects, which included cross-functional resources, on time and within budget.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
* Proficient in using various project management toolsets.
Work Environment: Cubicle
Travel: 20% travel required (mainly to facilities & continuous education training)
MTD Products was founded over 80 years ago and is headquartered in Valley City, a half hour south of Cleveland, Ohio. Our passion has led MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities in Europe, North America, Asia, Australia and South America producing equipment for both residential and commercial markets.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.