Project Manager - Supply Chain 8/25/2016
Harbor Freight Tools
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking a, SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECT MANAGER to join our growing Supply Chain Department at our Corporate Office in Calabasas, CA
To support dramatic growth, the company is building, and in some cases, strengthening its executive team. This position will lead the internal Supply Chain Programs, Network Operations teams engaging in cross functional complex supply chain projects including new or expanded distribution facilities and related large-scale material handling and supply chain systems implementations, high-impact process improvement initiatives involving interdisciplinary teams, and the routine operational support that Engineering affords to Distribution, Logistics, Import Logistics, Store Operations, Facilities, and Real Estate.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain Project Management the Project Manager will be responsible for managing planning and execution of Supply Chain capital improvement and other projects. This will include responsibility for managing project outcomes to achieve objectives on-time and within budget. The Project Manager will need to be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator with strong leadership skills. He or she will be responsible for coordinating project communications and deliverables, planning, and execution. The ability to meet capital budgets and deliver high levels of quality and service will be essential. Relationships with key internal business partners and related reporting needs are a further critical aspect of this role; including with Purchasing, Inventory Management, Distribution, Imports, Logistics, Global Sourcing and Accounting and Finance.
Harbor Freight Tools is different. We're not your typical retailer. We're actually a retailer and branded tool producer rolled into one. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. We're allergic to bureaucracy, extra layers of management and politics. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 35 year-old, $3.5 billion company - on pace to $7.5 billion in the next few years - with the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up. We have over 600 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every week. If you're a leader with your ego in check, if you know what it means to be an open-minded partner, if you aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn the Harbor Freight way and join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for all aspects of project management for an Supply Chain assigned projects through the entire lifecycle, including, but not limited to: chartering, scoping, requirements gathering, document approval tracking and management, project plan creation, status reporting, issue resolution, project resource allocation, project costs and financial analysis, and benefits validation.
* Creates cohesive project programs and plans with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
* Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects.
* Prepares reports for upper management regarding project status.
* Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
* Leads and directs the work of others.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Supports team members in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliveries
* Coordinate meetings, writes minutes, updates budgets, manage presentations and RFP bids.
* Extensive travel (50-75%).
ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND, QUALITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidates must have the proven ability to lead a team of professionals who can interact across all levels and functions of the organization effectively. Candidates must also bring to this position a proven ability to lead during a time of significant growth, and an ability to establish credibility and influence other executives through both formal and informal leadership.
Additional professional and personal requirements include:
* Approximately 5 to 10 years in leadership of large, complex projects.
* Proficient in MS office suites, MS Project and Visio. Sharepoint and Jira a +
* Ideal background includes national, multi-unit retailers with multiple warehouse operations, such as department stores, mass merchants, or other general merchandise retailers; hard line experience is preferred.
* A history of success operating as a key strategic partner to an energetic senior executive team.
* A history of developing and managing to key metrics and scorecards.
* Competency in developing strategic plans, as well as directing tactical execution; strong project management skills.
* Experience working in a high growth environment, with consistently shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos.
* Successful track record of leading companywide supply chain management initiatives from the project management and engineering perspective.
* Ability to function in an unstructured environment; thrives on bringing order to chaos.
* A clear, coherent, and rational thinker adept at establishing efficient, disciplined, and optimal processes and methodologies.
* Energetic, proactive, self-motivated, and an independent thinker who is willing to try new and creative ideas.
* Dedicated to the success of the company and willing to commit to necessary hours, if and when appropriate, to reach goals, and complete tasks on time - this is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of the Company.
* A personable teammate who is able to inspire confidence and to build collaborative relationships with others in all levels of the organization.
* Tough-minded and willing to stand one's ground when deliberating on issues, but also flexible and willing to change course as the situation dictates.
* Aggressive, quick, smart and instinctive.
* Quantitative and analytical.
* Secure, balanced ego driven by need for success rather than the need for personal imprint on every decision
* Decisive - able to make decisions without fully developed information.
* Strong negotiating style and experience.
* Pragmatic problem solver - makes things simple and gets things done.
* Resilient, Self-deprecating, Sense of humor.
* Record of delivering concise, persuasive, and comprehensive reporting, recommendations and risk/alternative assessments of complex business situations to top management and peers.
* A thinker who strives to understand causality in data and its context in terms of overall business objectives. Asks what the goal is, what key segments of management and peers require, defines the types of data and sources needed, formulates theories and sets out to prove, disprove and refine these until an answer rooted in process is crystalized.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* BSDegree in Business Management, Operations, Logistics or Finance with Engineering coursework viewed favorably. Advanced degree a plus.
* CPM certification desired
Extensive travel (50-75%). General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about an office.
The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Direct: Exempt Employees & Non-Exempt Employees
* Full Medical Package including, health and dental
* Paid Time Off
* Competitive Salary