Project Manager-Timber Division
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Castle Hayne, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Project Manager-Timber Division
Location: Castle Hayne, NC
The company -
Bellingham Marine - The Largest and Most Experienced Marina Builder in the World.
Nowhere else can you find a company that has more experience than Bellingham Marine. We have built more marinas in more places throughout the world than any other marina construction company or floating dock manufacturer. Nowhere else can you find a company with more technical excellence than Bellingham Marine. Our dock system engineering, site-specific marina design, precision floating dock manufacturing and single-source contracting has led the industry for half a century.
In addition to our marina products, we are a leader in the fabrication of precast and pre-stressed structural concrete components. Many of our products are utilized in roadway projects, piers, and anywhere a structural concrete component is needed. We are a company committed to growth and we are looking for an individual who has the passion and commitment to grow with us.
The role: Project Manager of the Timber Division
As the Project Manager of the Timber Division you will serve a vital role in the management of Bellingham Marine. You will direct and coordinate construction and manufacturing activities of Bellingham Marine s Timber Division to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and employees: Availability for work schedule is crucial. Please see complete job description requirements on our website.
* Studies drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and on staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
* Assists the General Manager in the preparation of pricing, locating and qualifying local contractors and other activities necessary to prepare fixed price proposals.
* Coordinates members of organization (supervisory, clerical, drafting, and manufacturing) throughout the project.
* Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
* Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, interpreting contract requirements and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
* Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of equipment, tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
* Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
* Prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used, and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
* Reviews and approves invoices for projects construction operations. Coordinates with customers, engineers and/or inspectors for the generation and approval of applications for payment.
* Maintains and generates project documentation which records contract compliance; documents changes to the work; prepares, negotiates and administers changes to the contract; notifies parties to the contract of changes (i.e. via change orders); notifies parties to the contract of disputes; secures authorization for additional work; and resolves other project-related issues.
* Administers Company safety program relating to all project site activities and ensures effective loss control procedures are implemented.
* Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 2 to 3 years related expe