Project Manager 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
* Develops and manages a set scope of work within the project through setting effective expectations, communications, change management control, budget control and management, and overall business understanding of the project needs.
* Actively supports the project management team s efforts, to include project plan, scope management, resource management, time management (activities & task planning), risk management, transition planning and ongoing maintenance and support.
* Analyzes work force utilization, work flow charts and project schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
* Lends support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project implementation.
* Supports the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
* Effectively manages multiple priorities.
* Maintains routine communications with the senior management concerning all aspects of the project.
* Business or related degree or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience with successfully managing technical or interactive projects and/or website builds to budget and deadlines with the ability to assess projects on both a creative and technical level.
* Demonstrable knowledge of project management methodologies.
* Strong organizational skills. Highly effective in team coordination and collaborative problem solving. Able to work well in teams and maintain a solution-oriented environment.
* Excellent people skills, clear communication (verbal and written); demonstrated success in managing client relationships.
* Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines under conditions characterized by short lead times and changing priorities.
* Strong computer skills including MS Office, MS Project and WebEx.
* Ability to work extended and odd hours as needed to complete projects.
* Experience with education assistance and/or training programs a plus.
* Ability to work both on a team and as a team lead.
* Ability to think creatively and participate in creating alternative or novel solutions.
* Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Experience: 3-5 yrs
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.