Project Manager, Valera
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Project Manager, Valera
Valera is seeking a motivated and energetic Project Manager to oversee logistics and operations of a government-funded vaccine program. Applicants should have a degree in a biological sciences and strong organizational skills. Experience with vaccines and managing government programs/contracts is a plus. The ideal candidate will have research project management experience in either an academic or biotechnology setting, be adept at working in a fluid environment, and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative environment on a transformative vaccine platform.
The program manager will be involved in both the high level supervision of the program by:
Providing strategic support and ensure contract deliverables are being met
Administering the day-to-day activities, including monitoring timelines, tracking costs, and facilitating communication between the internal Valera and Moderna groups as well as with the government agency and the subcontractors
Providing technical and administrative support to the program by meeting weekly or bi-weekly with the line function representatives from Valera and Moderna to ensure the program remains on track and within budget with a goal to enter into clinical studies
Developing timelines for the contract options and work with finance to develop and adhere to the budget
Through regular meetings with the CMC, Toxicology, Regulatory, Quality, Research, and Clinical representatives, the program manager will develop timelines for the Base Period and work with the Finance group to implement a realistic budget
Working closely with the scientific leader to identify and select the best collaborators to support the pre-clinical and clinical studies and track expenses associated with the pre-clinical work * Serving as the point of contact for the funding agency. S/he will be responsible for weekly or bi-weekly teleconferences to highlight for the BARDA team recent project accomplishments, report any challenges, and share any potential risks and strategies for mitigation. S/he will be responsible for the keeping meeting minutes and recording any key decisions arising from the teleconferences
* BS or MS degree in a scientific field
* Laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology setting
* Experience with project management tools and software or ability to learn the software as needed
* Demonstrated organizational aptitude
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* MS degree or PhD and 5 years and experience in a research or biotechnology setting
* Proven track record of successful project management experience working with government funding
* Experience in early drug development including the transition of novel candidates from discovery through licensure
* Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
* Strong organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Readily adaptable to change and new challenges
* Highly effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
* Team oriented