Project Manager - Water / Wastewater
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is currently searching for a Project Manager - Water / Wastewater with 10 to 15 years experience, to join our Water Division team in our Virginia Beach, VA office.
Our team helps clients achieve business objectives by creating and implementing innovative and effective solutions using state-of-the-art practices and technologies. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual with the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts, to join our local team and lead water/wastewater and stormwater projects with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The successful applicant will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge with water distribution system, wastewater collection system and pump/lift station design, along with their previous project management and client management / development expertise, to successfully lead and execute projects and manage project pursuits within the municipal markets in the Hampton Roads area and throughout the Virginia.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Leading and directing the development of water, wastewater and stormwater projects as a client-facing project manager, leveraging the candidate s experience in water distribution system, wastewater/stormwater collection system, pump/lift station, and water/wastewater treatment facility engineering including investigations, studies, analysis, designs, and construction administration services.
* Managing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as Arcadis quality and safety practices.
* Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
* Providing technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as a QA/QC reviewer, technical advisor, or design leader.
* Leading teams in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations, as well as developing scopes of work and budgets for various water, wastewater and stormwater projects.
* Supervising and supporting the work of others while mentoring junior level technical staff.
* Participating in professional associations, activities and conferences.
* 10 years of relevant water, wastewater or stormwater experience.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
* PE in VA
* Project management experience including at least 5 years of demonstrated experience managing small to large sized, multi-disciplined, municipal water and wastewater projects with construction values ranging from under $1M to $10M and higher.
* Strong team leadership experience including managing overall project delivery expectations, prioritizing tasks, and mentoring.
* Strong Client Management skills, including preparation and development of proposals and client relationship building.
* Experience with preparation of construction documents.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 15+ years of experience in a comparable Engineering Consulting firm.
* Strong business development skills with a successful record of managing client accounts, assisting in new client development and leading project pursuits and pursuit teams, in a collaborative fashion, on a variety of opportunities.
* Master s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
* PMP Certification.
* Technical expertise and project management experience with stormwater and green infrastructure projects.
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional association(s).
Engineering - Water Resources
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.