Project Master Scheduler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
San Carlos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Major purpose: Responsible for project control activities including management of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and coordinating and preparing for schedule management meetings. Meet with team to update and maintain the project IMS using MS Project. Collect inputs from functional teams and leads across the program on a bi-weekly basis. Lead schedule integration meetings to discuss client and contractor team dependencies, variance from baseline and review risk and status reporting.
Support project managers and team leads with their schedule, issue, risk and status reporting. Develop meeting agendas, action item tracking and other supporting program documentation. Prepare weekly status reports addressing program scope, forecasting, costs, risk and issues for various levels of internal and external audiences. Identify issues and risks along with proposed mitigation and remediation options to resolve impacts to project schedules, cost and implementation.
Developed schedule management process. Apply advanced tools and techniques for developing project work plan including Network Diagram, Critical Path and schedule risk analysis (SRA) methodologies.
* Develop, status, maintain, and control integrated master schedules (IMSs) using scheduling software tools such as MS Project.
* Develop Work Breakdown Structure and establish schedule hierarchy ensuring vertical and horizontal schedule integration and traceability.
* Identify, document and incorporate internal project and external interdependencies among activities into the IMS.
* Document and control changes and revisions to the IMS.
* Obtain project status information and input data into the IMS on no less than a monthly basis.
* Identify, monitor, and status project control milestones.
* Routinely monitor the integrity of the IMS utilizing schedule health check software.
* Develop IMS and estimate, analyze, and validate activity sequencing, duration and resource requirements.
* Coordinate probabilistic schedule risk analyses, interpret results, and develop an out brief report to the project management team to include recommendations if needed.
* Prepare and maintain a Schedule Management Plan which defines the requirements and approach for the project s schedule planning, management and control.
* Develop what-if scenarios and work around and recovery plans as required.
* Prepare presentation charts and reports and participate in project reviews.
* Interface with project resource analysts to ensure correlation of schedules with the budget and program operating plan.
* Conduct critical path analyses of project schedules and identify the primary, secondary and tertiary critical paths to the project management team.
* Identify schedule risks and the potential impact to the project s objectives.
* Review and provide schedule input to contractor SOWs and CDRLs.
* Support the review and analysis of contractor monthly earned value reporting.
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: Requirements:
* Expert knowledge of the activities involved in developing, building, integrating and testing space flight hardware and ground systems.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially MS Project and MS Excel.
* Strong schedule analytical skills with the ability to solve problems efficiently.
* Individual must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface successfully with technical and project management professionals.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage time and meet strict and often short deadlines.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
* PMI PMP certification preferred.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.