Project Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific Executive Management, Operations/Engineering/Quality projects - ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Define project problems and opportunities, priorities, options and direction
Identify specific product or process current status -- and potential workflow adjustments
Create internal product or process reviews and analyze needs
Generate management-approved goals, scope and objectives for project completion
Create business plans, project costing, risk assessment and AR documentation
Develop, coordinate and lead multi-departmental / multi-discipline teams for project execution
Assign team efforts and resolve tasks
Select, coordinate and monitor external vendor activities to project specifics (as needed)
Create detailed plans and documentation for project tracking
Develop, maintain and monitor project time lines and manage to completion
Generate presentations for outside source review
* Management / Communications
Create day-to-day tracking mechanisms, high-level summaries and reporting efforts for management review
Effectively manage and report on projects with a critical path focus
Lead team meetings and direct any necessary subgroup creation and tracking
Resolve conflict arising from contrasting team member, departmental and/or management goals and time frames
Maintain in-depth knowledge of assigned topics, categories and processes
Monitor defined variables to determine needs for departmental efforts or process updates
Offer timely support, direction, management and resolution of the New Product Review process
Develop training needs, content, materials and scheduling (as needed)
Investigate customer complaints as needed, and direct corrective/preventive actions.
Conform to all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures including the use of personal protective safety equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering, 3 to 6years of work experience.
* Direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
* Excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, a self-starter, have sense of urgency, be personable with an extroverted personality and well organized.
* A high degree of proficiency with computer technology and Microsoft Office software - specifically Project, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
* Project development and planning skills.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, customers, and other departments
Ability to research, analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals.