Project Planner 9/2/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in more than 170 countries. We earn the trust of consumers in nearly every country by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a PROJECT PLANNER opening to join our GLOBAL PRODUCT ORGANIZATION- REFRIGERATION.
DAY TO DAY
Today, you might be working with Marketing defining the project. Tomorrow, you'll develop project schedules with the entire team. And, you might lead meetings focused on delivering the project. You may also work on detailed work plans, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Support the project leader on multiple projects and/or major project.
* Develop and communicate detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports in order to meet assigned projects.
* Maintain, share and apply comprehensive knowledge of the product.
* Create and maintain Preliminary Bill Of Material and synchronize between Capital Calendar and PBOM.
* Execute capital calendar, Electronic Capital Request process and report capital outlook.
* Manage core team and Technical Team action registers to maintain accurate updates on project activities.
* Facilitate Tollgate preparations.
* Perform other administrative tasks such as arranging meetings and developing agendas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* The potential to learn and grow into a future project leader.
* Self starter with initiative to drive continuous improvement of the planning process.
* Exceptional communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization across marketing, manufacturing, finance and engineering.
* Bachelors degree in either Engineering, Accounting or equivalent discipline.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of C2C process and Product Delivery Tracking System(PDTS).
* SAP Purchase order experience preferred.
* Ability to adapt and re-prioritize activities in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to recognize and assimilate seemingly unrelated pieces of information.
* 5+ years of experience in driving projects.
* Basic skill level in project management, risk management, cost delivery, voice of customer, financial planning and analysis, business acumen, innovation, cost leadership.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.