This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Century Engineering, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONCentury Engineering - Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Project Resident with 10+ years of relevant experience to perform Construction Supervision for routine maintenance contracts located in Anne Arundel County. The incumbent manages three (3) separate construction contracts (Masonry, Guardrail, and Tree Removal) totaling over $1.0M in annual appropriations and supervises at least one (1) full time inspector. Experience administering construction contracts is required. Experience administering construction of concrete curb/gutter, sidewalk, and ADA-compliant curb ramps is preferred. An ability to interpret County policies and determine appropriate course of action while working independently is required. Strong customer service and communication skills are essential. Strong computer skills including e-mail and formal correspondence as well as good file management practices are desired.
Specific duties include:
* Respond to internal and external customer investigation requests and/or complaints
* Conduct on-site meetings with internal/external customers including community members, private citizens, contractors, and County personnel
* Interpret and communicate County policies
* Determine and/or recommend course of action according to County policies
* Coordinate with contractors to schedule repairs
* Track work orders
* Coordinate support services provided by County personnel
* Supervise inspection of contract work; coordinate inspector assignments
* Document and track all work progress, generate/review monthly estimates, review and approve inspector IDRs
* Track expenditures, draft Purchase Order requests
* Assist in location selection for annual program development
* Draft correspondence for higher level management
* Provide program information and updates to County personnel
* Review Police reports; report damage costs to Risk Management
* Proficient with office productivity applications including email, word processors, and spreadsheets
* Familiar with ADA standards and requirements
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/vacation and an outstanding work environment. EEO/AAA/m/f/vets/disabled