Project Scheduler 8/25/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking a Project Scheduler to provide scheduling functions required to maintain Kitchell's Scheduling Process. Prepare, maintain and analyze bid, proposal, preconstruction, construction and as-built schedules. Support project teams with schedule development via Last Planner System approach concurrent with Primavera P6 computerize scheduling software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare / lead efforts to develop accurate construction schedules that meet contractual documents (Owner requirements, specs, drawings, etc.)
* Generate reports and layouts, which meet bid, proposal, preconstruction and construction requirements.
* Update project schedules on a weekly or as needed, once a month as minimum. Lead update meeting and schedule review sessions. Review and verify and challenge information from Project Team by visiting and walking the project construction site.
* Provide support to teams in assessing/documenting delays and impacts, alternate work plans and methods of construction. Provide support to project teams when delay(s) have been determined, based on Scheduling Procedure and document on schedule as necessary.
* Prepare a Schedule Summary Report for each schedule update, which describes current project status, deviations, and identifies any/all critical schedule issues.
* Ensure that all projects have a BASELINE schedule established prior to GMP, an accurate "As-Built" schedule upon completion of the project and a once a month schedule update as minimum.
* Provide scheduling assistance and education to project team members & guidance to scheduling engineers.
* Review, monitor and critique the accuracy and realism of all schedules and narratives. Check schedule for deviations, critical path accuracy, imposed (constrained) dates, durations, logic, sequencing, scope of work (as a minimum). Challenge project team on critical schedule issues. Communicate critical schedule issues and concerns.
* Assess project schedules in regards to Risk Management and ensure schedules meet contract requirements.
* Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with department, employees, clients, architects, subcontractors and vendors.
* Participate in process improvement and lessons learned process.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Demonstrable knowledge of Last Planner System terms and techniques.
* Proficiency on computerized scheduling programs especially Primavera P6.
* Experience with monitoring, controlling and updating project schedules.
* Skills in reviewing schedules including identifying, analyzing, and solving schedule related issues. Understanding of contract documents, plans, specifications.
* Adept at math, analytical, and computer skills.
Required Education and Experience:
BS or BA Degree in Construction or Engineering, or a closely related field and 5-8 years experience in commercial building construction; experience with Last Planner System (LPS) preferred
This is a safety sensitive position. General office environment with frequent travel to project locations (local & out of state). While at work site visits requires personal protective equipment. Ability to work a laptop, plotter & printer.
Visual and manual dexterity for computer work. Requires driving, walking, climbing and sitting. Must be able to safely maneuver through active project sites. Requires the ability to lift plans/specs and rolls of paper.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PROJECT LIST
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..