This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Project Specialist position is an integral part of the project management team which is tasked tasked with proposing and implementing specially designed and developed systems that could typically include (but is not limited to) CMM s, specialized software, part loading automation, fixtures, enclosures and or environmental rooms, and foundations. The Project Specialist is responsible for creating, organizing, and managing project documentation including, but not limited to, Quotations, Margin Spreadsheets, Work Breakdown Structures, Timelines, Issues Lists, Financial and other reports working in conjunction with Project Managers, the Manager of Custom Engineered Projects, and the Finance and Controlling department. This role is primarily a back-office based function, however some field work will be necessary to attend project meetings at customer sites together with and or as an alternate to the Project Managers as well as travel to other Zeiss facilities.
* Development of Scope of Work for Project Proposals
* Create Margin Spreadsheets for projects
* Facilitate information gathering and answers to customer specifications with various Zeiss departments
* Create Proposal Documents
* Assist Sales and Project Management Teams with customer meetings pre and post-sale
* Maintain Project Quote Log and Project Documentation including Gate review documents, Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, etc.
* Create and Maintain project Work Breakdown Structures
* Create and Maintain Project Timelines in Microsoft Project and or SAP
* Create and Maintain Issue Lists
* Integrate multiple project schedules
* Identify, consolidate, and resolve timing issues together with Management
* Tracking of billable hours, expenses, customer signoffs
* Update and distribute customer reports on a weekly basis
* Coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and other tasks in support of the Project Managers.
* Assists in development of management reports and presentations.
* Organize Project files using SharePoint
* Participate in improvement activities to optimize process
* Associates Degree or equivalent educational or work experience in Business or Project Management
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project)
* Experience with SAP a plus
* 3-5 years of experience in a demanding project management environment
* Demonstrated ability to operate with little oversight
* Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner both verbally and in writing
* Detail oriented
* History of establishing and maintaining document storage methods using SharePoint
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer