Project Specialist - Cardiovascular Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Project Specialist provides analytical and specialized technical support to department management. Responsible for specific moderately complex, project-oriented assignments which include leading, coordinating and completing projects related to operational activities. The Project Specialist works under the guidance of more senior staff.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 15%
1. Interacts with others in a supportive, respectful manner
2. Presents information to management to support decision-making
FINANCE - 10%
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently
QUALITY/SAFETY - 35%
1. Maintains and achieves the highest standards of quality and service
2. Performs data management and analysis
SERVICE - 30%
1. Strives to exceed patients' and coworkers' expectations
2. Participates in, and may direct, problem definition and resolution activities
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline
Three (3) years of experience in related discipline to include 1 year of experience of project management experience.
MBA or MHA accepted in lieu of experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, and presentation software
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.