Project Specialist- Health System Affairs 9/10/2016
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor\'s degree in a related field and two (2) years of relevant experience required. Master\'s degree in a related field or prior internship experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
* Responsible for various project management duties, which require thorough understanding of, and adherence to principles of project management; may perform project tasks as required by the project plan.
* Responsible for documenting project scope, project resourcing and project management reporting for major initiatives
* Responsible for working with Health System operations to perform current state assessment and document business case and projected business results for strategic initiatives.
* Responsible for performing project tasks including basic business process analysis, creation of training and change management plans, as well as other operating support activities that are required to implement major initiatives.
* Works under the direction of the Director, Health System Initiatives to monitor budget, timeline and scope adherence of major initiatives and escalate any variances to Health System Leadership.
* Coordinates with various departments to ensure universal applications of policy; develops and implements procedures to ensure efficiency.
* Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
* Build, develop and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Conduct post project reviews and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Assist in development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* May supervise staff in performance of duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Central communications and marketing role for the Office of Strategic Initiatives. Position will develop and implement internal communications plans for the entire ambulatory practice.
* Position ensures all strategic initiatives have internal communications plans and are initiated in a timely and appropriate manner.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..