This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The core responsibility of the role is to coordinate, track and report large order fulfillment, particularly orders that require supply from multiple plants and subcontractors. The coordination would require inputs from Sales, Category leaders, Supply Chain, Subcontractors and Manufacturing to ensure customer requirements are met. The Project Specialist will be responsible for reporting fulfillment status and risks. The role will be expected to escalate and drive risk reduction. As the work load varies, other types of projects will be assigned.
* Lead fulfillment project meetings to coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
* Hold team members accountable for deliverables
* Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Ensure resource availability and allocation
* Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
* Report and escalate to management as needed
* Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks
* Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
* Learn ERP processes to ensure Sales Orders, Work Orders, and Purchase Orders are aligned with customer requirements
* Manages teams who are not direct reports. However, the individual must be comfortable holding team members accountable for deliverables, which at times may require constructive conflict.
* 5 years in manufacturing operations experience in supply chain, planning, or manufacturing leadership with demonstrated continuous improvement credentials.
* 2 years of successful project management experience leading teams to complete complex manufacturing projects.
* Professional - Project Management certification (PMI CAPM or PMP)Academic Project Management certificate
* B.S. degree in business, science or engineering
* Proven working experience leading teams that have achieved successful outcomes
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
* Thorough understanding of ERP and MRP functionality
* Persuasive verbal communicator that can articulate compelling arguments
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
* Travel maybe required
* Able to work with sub-contractors, so climb ladders, crawl, bending/lifting, confined spaces, etc.
WE BELIEVE IN DIVERSITY:
The Safariland Group believes in the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative actions. We pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people, without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455 FREE. All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.