This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBrick Staffing is searching for a PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT for our client in Denver, CO. The Project Superintendent leads water/wastewater construction projects providing onsite field management to ensure work is performed safely, effectively and profitably. This position is based in Colorado. The Greater Denver area, and travel is required.
* Responsible for all aspects of jobsite safety, including employee, subcontractors, suppliers, and other individuals authorized to be on the jobsite.
* Contribute to the project team planning all aspects of client's self-performed work. This will include earthwork, concrete, carpentry, metal work, mechanical, and electrical work.
* Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and suppliers.
* Responsible for selecting construction practices and methods for accomplishing the work.
* Prepare weekly look ahead schedules, crew tasks lists, and labor tracking reports.
* Prepare daily reports.
* Responsible for receiving, inventory, and onsite management of Client's material organization and tracking system.
* Responsible for care and maintenance of Client's rented equipment.
* Insure field crews have correct work packages.
* Responsible for ordering and renting construction material and equipment.
* Assist in creation and updating of project schedule.
* Preparation and timely delivery of timecards.
* Review of purchase receipts. Interpretation, distribution, and management of weekly labor reports.
* Responsible for implementing the project Quality Management Plan.
* Responsible for planning and staffing of field personnel.
* Monitor work performance and productivity of crafts to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
* Provide daily interface with owner and owner's representatives.
* Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.
* Assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
* Maintain liaison with other departments, i.e. purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support construction schedule.
* Assumes the project manager role when the job does not have one.
The candidate must have relevant experience with heavy civil construction projects. Prior experience and expertise with water/wastewater projects preferred. Willingness and ability to travel to different project sites. Excellent communication skills. Intimate knowledge of earthworking, concrete form systems, concrete placement, metals work, carpentry, and mechanical work.
100% of the time is spent on the project. Must be able to work flexible hours and locations throughout the area and/or other cities/states.