Project Superintendent 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
hardison/downey construction, inc. (h/dc), a Kitchell affiliate, started in 1985 as an alternative for clients who need the expertise and financial stability of a large general contractor, but want the personal service and attention of a small one. h/dc proudly celebrated its 30TH BIRTHDAY in 2015!
h/dc is seeking a Project Superintendent to be responsible for the scheduling, coordination and supervision of all Subcontractors and for the execution of all field related work. The Project Superintendent ensures a safe, quality built project within the estimate and schedule, while maintaining or improving the projected fee, within the terms of the contract documents. The Project Superintendent is h/dc s representative at the construction site. Some areas of responsibility overlap with Project Manager and Project Engineer functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Set up and maintain proper files, including construction documents, RFI s, submittals, ASI s, contracts, CO s, etc. Continually update files with current and accurate information.
* Prepare RFI s for distribution.
* Approve shop drawings and submittals to ensure proper coordination and adherence to contract documents.
* Affect closeout procedure in accordance with the contract documents and in compliance with procedures outlined in the Construction Manual.
* Prepare and maintain project schedule. Notify team of any and all schedule changes and potential impacts.
* Prepare 2-3 week look ahead schedules weekly.
* Ensure projects are built per plans and specifications, codes and other such requirements.
* Coordinate with Project Manager, Project Engineer and/or Construction Administrator for delivery and insertion into the job schedule of long lead items.
* Enforce subcontracts, contract purchase orders, Change Orders and work orders.
* Monitor management of GC s.
* Responsible for overall quality assurance and quality control of projects.
* Participate in total quality management and process improvement on assigned projects.
* Prepare and ensure completion of preliminary punchlist.
* Prepare, complete and coordinate the final sign-off of punchlist by Owner s representative.
* Responsible for the specific job completion process, including creating and meeting completion schedules, communicating job changes, maintaining budget constraints, etc.
* Obtain all required building permits prior to start of construction. Coordinate this with Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Administrator.
* Verify location of any existing utilities and invert as necessary.
* Ensure installation of all necessary temporary facilities and services.
* Schedule and coordinate materials, equipment and Subcontractors on the job site.
* Maintain strong communication (verbal and documented) with the Project Manager regarding progress, issues and changes relating to specific jobs.
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of Subcontractors.
* Conduct weekly Subcontractor meetings and tool box safety talks.
* Prepare daily reports and document activities.
* Monitor Subcontractor performance and resolve issues and disputes.
* Schedule all necessary/appropriate inspections and meet with inspectors regarding findings. Develop and maintain communication with all governing agencies associated with the project.
* Oversee the implementation of changes.
* Review submittals and shop drawings to ensure that they meet criteria or intent.
* Coordinate submittals and shop drawings with contract document detailing to ensure constructability prior to arrival of items.
* Comply with procedures as outlined in the Company Procedure Manual.
* Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with the Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other employees related to the project.
* Establish and maintain a professional relationship with Subcontractors and suppliers and ensure their performance as required.
* Enforce safe working conditions on the jobsite in compliance with appropriate governmental safety standards and company safety policy.
* Responsible for jobsite safety, OSHA compliance and cleanliness. Issue notices of non-compliance to Subcontractors.
* Enforce jobsite security on the project.
* Develop and implement techniques, methods and systems for the construction of the project. Investigate and recommend improvements in work methods and materials to enhance productivity and value management.
* Participate in seminars, work programs or industry related functions that compliment or are pertinent to improvements in areas of field supervision.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Assisting living, Market rate apartment and/or Student housing construction experience required. Knowledge of all elements of commercial construction and understanding of skilled trades.
Required Education and Experience:
This position requires extensive knowledge of all constructution trades, a mininum of 5 years supervisory experience with a related degree or 10 years of experience without a degree. The attainment of a four year college degree in Construction Management or related field is desirable but not required.
Field and/or office environment, with routine work site visits requiring personal protective equipment.
Visual and manual dexterity for computer work. Able to work in outdoor elements and jobsite conditions. Occasional climbing, use of ladders and lifts, and walking through work sites during various stages of construction.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PROJECT LIST
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..