Project Support Engineer - Instrument, Electrical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition will be a member of the Capital Project Group at this large chemical plant production site in south Houston, Texas.
Company is a global leader in the production of chemicals, plastics and refining products. Company will offer excellent base pay, bonus, 401K 6% match, 5% contribution toward a pension, medical, dental and other benefits. Relocation offered and purchase of home if needed in the relocation.
* BS degree in Electrical or Instrument Engineering
* 8+ years of related experience in a chemical, refining or related industry
* Technical proficiency in electrical engineering - instrumentation, electrical and analyzer equipment
* Results oriented and ability to communicate ideas effectively to team members and management
* Strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical manner.
* Provides project discipline engineering support on project teams towards the successful completion of projects as assigned so that they are successfully completed and meet the objectives.
* Works with design resources both internally and externally to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the up-front project objectives.
* Collaborates and engages all other disciplines towards the successful completion of the project.
* Responsible for following the Capital project process and meeting the DOA so that all projects can meet internal and external audit criteria and the Bayport site remains in DOA compliance. Working through the Capital Project Checklist and documenting all phases of the project process
* Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and meets the company's standards and quality requirements.
* Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
* Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical and quality standards are maintained.
* Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
* Assists in preparing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
* Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
* Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
The Project Support Engineer is part of the Bayport Capital Projects Group supporting engineering, design, and installation of A,E,&I scope for site capital projects. The position interacts with other disciplines and technical groups on site (process engineering and reliability groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to successfully design, implement and startup new equipment installations. The position is responsible for the planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of technical deliverables to meet the schedule, scope, budget and quality requirements of multi-discipline projects.