Project Support Specialist / Project Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: Project Support Specialist/Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ 85007
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
* Seeking a Project Support Specialist to provide overall software project administration and support in the evolution of a state government department of motor vehicle enterprise software application suite.
* This position will provide broad project assistance for a highly skilled team of software professionals that will be tasked with the design and development of the department's software solution.
* As a key member of the project team, the Project Support Specialist will work in an interactive environment with business and technical staff to ensure a high degree of collaboration in support of a successful overall solution.
* Responsibilities for this role will include maintaining software project governance documentation, managing project quality, time and effort measures, the coordination of project team events, facilitating project agenda and meeting documentation, etc.
* This is an exciting key project role where hands-on collaboration are required.
* In addition, a willingness to support members of the Project Management Office (PMO) in any manner required will be essential.
* In support of the PMO, assistance in many project planning, risk and issue management activities will be required.
* The project is primarily seeking applicants with excellent aptitude, attitude and interpersonal skills.
* This position is a developmental position where potential will be weighed over current skills and experience.
* The applicant will have the potential to develop skills and experience in PMO, software testing or technical documentation activities.
* Applicant must be positive, motivated, and demonstrate an aptitude for acquiring business skills and certifications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service, coordination and/or organizational position.
* Ability to manage status reporting in support of project governance.
* Experience and willingness to thrive in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities while supporting a large team.
* Experience with or an aptitude to learn the Microsoft Office product suite.
* Ability to handle a wide variety of situations and be responsible for time sensitive material in a fast paced, dynamic setting while working in a team environment.
* Ability to solve problems and make decisions within general parameters set by the project leadership team.
* Ability to lead and develop partnerships with others to improve efficiency.
* Ability to effectively work as a liaison to both internal and external customers.
* Experience with word processing software for the creation of documents and / or reports.
* Experience using windows-based, browser-based and mobilesoftware applications with Internet capabilities.
* Ability to coordinate team meetings and capture minutes to assist in project documentation.
* Ability to coordinating team events and activities in support of project culture and health.
* Experience working with budgets and / or financial transactions.
* Candidate must be an excellent communicator.