Project Traffic Engineer 8/30/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis seeks a Project Traffic Engineer to join the team in their Tampa, FL office.
Position Responsibilities to Include:
* Perform traffic operations studies, safety studies, corridor traffic studies, and interchange studies using FDOT and other applicable procedures.
* Prepare engineering reports, studies and analyses in a diversity of areas: traffic operations, safety, access management, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), travel demand modeling and transportation planning and Project Development and Environment (PD&E) projects.
* Lead/oversee traffic-related projects. Review production of plans, specifications, reports, studies, etc., Develop/implement initiatives for future projects and practices.
* Assist other managers with marketing pursuits
* Analyze project scopes for preparation of schedules, budgets and man-hour estimates
* Proficiency in applying traffic operations and traffic design principles and applicable MUTCD, AASHTO, ITE and state DOT requirements, policies, manuals and procedures
* Extremely Proficient in the use of traffic analysis tools specifically VISSIM, CORSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS.
* Must have hands-on experience with Interchange Access Requests (SIMRs/IOARs/IJRs).
* Must have hands-on experience with CADD software, including the most recent versions of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
* Ability to train, mentor and motivate staff
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must be able to work well in groups as well as independently.
* Minimum experience level required 5 years
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Master s degree is preferred
* FDOT Traffic Studies experience and ability to work on Traffic Systems Management &Operations, Ramp Metering, Managed Lanes projects.
* Experience level 5 -11 years
Engineering - Transportation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.