Project Transportation Engineer
ARCADIS - Chattanooga, TN
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Infrastructure Division of ARCADIS seeks to hire a Project Transportation Engineer to join our team in Chattanooga, TN. The qualified individual would be responsible for the following duties:
ROADWAY & TRANSPORTATION PLANNING
' Practical knowledge of traffic engineering applications defined in the HCM, HSM, MUTCD and various publications by ITE and AASHTO.
* Experience with Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA and other applicable traffic analysis and modeling software.
* Knowledge of traffic operations theory and practice.
* Experience in developing project transportation planning documents and traffic analysis reports, and conducting public presentations with recommendations and evaluation of results for projects.
* Additional responsibilities including business development, proposal preparation, client contact, task management, and budget and schedule control.
* Responsible for engineering design for roadway and transportation projects including collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways and freeway systems, in addition to transportation enhancement projects for streetscape, sidewalks, bike lanes and multi-use pathways.
* Responsible for assisting engineers and project managers in the preparation of engineering calculations and construction plans and related documents in accordance with client-required formats.
* Proficient with Microstation and Geopak software.
* Knowledge of Tennessee DOT design standards and policies.
* Minimum years of experience: 7-10 years experience in Transportation Engineering.
* Education required: BS Degree in Civil Engineer or related field
* Registrations/Certifications required: PE
* Skills required: Experience with traffic analysis software (Synchro is an advantage), Microstation, Geopak and knowledge of Tennessee DOT standards.
* Education preferred: MS Degree in Civil Engineer or related field with emphasis in traffic engineering and transportation planning
* This position does require travel. Travel amount is negligible.
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
* This position does not manage others.
ARCADIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPOND HERE! Respond immediately by accessing the following
dedicated online response form which will allow you to cut and paste your
resume. This form will go directly and immediately to the
hiring authority for this position. Access the online response form at: