Projects Supervisor - BEPS Machining
Throughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
A recent internal promotion has afforded us an opportunity to hire a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking PROJECTS SUPERVISOR in our BEPS MACHINING DEPARTMENT at our MONROE, GEORGIA location. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The role of the Projects Supervisor is to supervise employees in the planning and implementation of all projects in the VTC Machining environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Functions and/or Responsibilities:
* Become the production machining department technical leader for new products.
* Develop procedures and work instructions and standard training plans on new equipment operation, part processes and part quality inspection.
* Ensure operators are fully trained to meet safety, quality and production goals.
* Ensure operators are trained on schedule in order to meet start of production requirements.
* Ensures production targets or met by assigning operators tasks and working with other departments.
* Ensures that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
* Conducts all supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling and discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
* Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
* Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
* Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
* Plans and manages technical/manpower capacity and consumables.
* Ensures that teams and team members have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
* Conducts individual and team coaching sessions to improve performance. Recognizes team accomplishments.
* Conducts accident investigations.
* Manages department priorities.
* Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
High School diploma or equivalent required. College Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years previous experience required in a high volume machining environment as a supervisor and/or lead position, preferably within the automotive manufacturing industry.
* Desired candidate will have thorough familiarity with related manufacturing operations, good knowledge of production scheduling, capacity planning and supporting manufacturing functions.
* Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Problem analysis and resolution.
* Computer skills at the intermediate level or above required.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).