This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Babylon, NY
Street Team staff will work as ambassadors, representing the stations professionally with positive attitude while providing support at any and all station related events (client, community, special events, etc.). Street Team will set-up/strike event equipment, manage interns, assist clients, radio personalities and account executive on-site, make public address announcements, entertain listeners with interactive contests and activities, answer any questions listeners may have, promote whatever required by the station and provide honest and thorough recaps at the conclusion of each event.
* Execute any and all assigned station-related events and tasks
* Set up and break down of station equipment, i.e. tables, booths, banners, sound system, backdrop, etc.
* Follow directions and supervision of Event Manager and Director of Marketing and Promotion
* Communicate effectively with listeners, potential clients, sponsors, station employees and anyone who approaches you with inquires.
* Follow up and seek a conclusion on any questions, request or issues in a prompt and complete manner
* Understand the mission of every event and execute with professionalism
* Follow all guidelines and safety procedures
* Must have valid driver s license, with clean record
* 18 years of age or older with high school diploma
* 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred
* People oriented, friendly, respectful, and responsible individual with common sense, ability to adjust to different environment and situations, be proactive, approachable and helpful
* Have knowledge of Cox Media Group Long Island stations, its formats, basic station info
* Must be able to lift/carry/set-up minimum 50lb equipment on your own
* Must be able to drive vans and other non-compact vehicles
* Some computer skills required, Word & Excel are a must
* Must have flexible schedule, must be available on weekends no exceptions
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-West Babylon-555 Sunrise Highway
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing