This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription WHIO-TV, the number one CBS affiliate in the country, is seeking a WRITER/PRODUCER to create compelling spots and campaigns that drive audiences across our TV, radio, newspaper and digital platforms. Candidate must be a strong copywriter, a creative editor, and master of motion graphics and DSLR videographer who can produce a spot from beginning to end, and work well independently. Must be detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and be highly collaborative.
* Conceive, write, produce, and finalize promos for TV, newspaper, digital, radio and other projects, as assigned
* Must be able to finish projects for air, with minimum supervision
* Create research-driven promos based on input from management
* Interact professionally with internal clients. Represent the creative department with the highest quality production projects and professionalism
* Gain a full understanding of projects and give input for creative solutions
* Offer innovative and creative ideas that add value to all video projects
* Seek input while managing projects to assure deadlines are met
* Bachelor s Degree in communications, video production or journalism is highly preferred
* 2 years equivalent work experience is preferred
* Multi-task effectively, working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
* Must be organized, detailed and have excellent communication skills
* Must have good work ethic and strong problem solving skills
* Must write scripts effectively, creatively and accurately
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of creativity under tight deadlines
* Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
* Skilled in audio production, editing, videography, lighting and motion graphics
* Edit on Avid, Premiere, or Final Cut
* Graphic design in After Effects, Photoshop
* 3D knowledge a plus
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Job Level:Individual Contributor