This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate financialreporting of assigned properties. Responsibilities include month-end close for assigned business units, reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis, monthly calculation of operating expenses by tenant, reviewing accounts payable for accuracy, and assisting property management and accounting department with financial projects as needed.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accurately record income, expenses and changes in assets and liabilities on a monthly basis.
* Update projected cash flowschedules throughout the year.
* Record The Clients share of partnership income on a monthly basis, and ensure that Equity Pick-Up Business Units are accurate.
* Ensure inter-company balances are reconciled and paid in a timely manner.
* Assist Assistant Controller, Asset and Property Managers as needed (especially with variance reporting and A/R issues).
* Assist property manager in annual budget process with Asset and Property Managers.
* Assist property management with quarterly forecasts for assigned properties.
* Review and calculate monthly DOE/CAM calculations, ensuring compliance with lease agreements.
* Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and applicable income statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
* Promptly record reconciling items and prepare schedules supporting each account.
* Calculate depreciation and amortization.
* Review monthly bank statement reconciliations and promptly record any reconciling items.
* Review annual letters sent to tenants concerning the upcoming year base rental and estimated DOE/CAM amounts. Ensure correct amounts are accurately reflected in the accounts receivable system.
* Ensure that leasing commissions, tenant allowances, taxes, insurance, etc. are paid in a timely manner.
* Ensure that monthly mortgage payments are being paid and recorded appropriately.
* Ensure that FASB 13 is considered for all new leases, and recorded accurately as needed.
* Assist in quarterly SEC reporting requirements.
* A bachelor's degree in accounting required.
* A minimum of 4+ years of corporate accounting experiencerequired. Real Estate experiencerequired.
* Must demonstrate initiative and ability to take on projects that benefit the accounting department or other customers.
* Must be organized, concise, detailed, flexible, and efficient.
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
* Must possess the ability to take initiative to resolve problems and offer solutions in a professional manner.
* Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
* Must be able to read and interpret lease verbiage as it relates to DOE/CAM and real estate tax provisions.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio) is required. Yardi a plus.
* Responsiveness - Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
* Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
* Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.