Property Accountant 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Property Accountant to join their growing team.
JOB TITLE : Property Accountant
REPORTS TO : Director of Accounting
OVERVIEW: Will have overall responsibility for assisting the company's Director of Accounting in managing the financial, accounts receivable and accounts payable processes for the company.
EMPLOYEE PROFILE :
At a minimum, the ideal candidate for this position will possess:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
* A minimum of five years of experience in residential real estate accounting
* Property management software experiencerequired; MRI experience strongly preferred
* Ability to be a team player, collaborate and work well with others required, as well as perform work in a manner which is:
* Professional and ethical
* Consistent with company practices, policies and procedures
* In compliance with applicable Legal and Fair Housing regulations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES :
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the accounting team of two Accounts Payable Coordinators and one Accounts Receivable Coordinator.
* Work with Director of Accounting to improve processes and internal controls designed around the financial processes.
* Assist with external audits, compilations, 1099 processing and salestax returns.
* Respond to requests from ownership, lenders, and other departments.
* Complete various financial, accounting, administrative, and otherreports and analyses.
* Review accounts payable, process checks, and assist with cash management.
* Reconcile cash accounts and security deposits.
* Prepare journal entries for various transactions and cash receipts.
* Assist with annual budgets and uploading files.
* Any other tasks as assigned by ownership, senior leadership, or the employee's supervisor.