- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Property Adjuster - Commission with Benefits
Position Summary: Resolve claims by investigating losses, negotiating settlements, presenting evidence in legal proceedings while maintaining adequate production levels
* Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions to determine coverages
* Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, and by comparing claim information with evidence.
* Sets loss reserves.
* Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client
* Settles claims by determining insurance carrier s liability, client s instructions and authority levels
* Controls claims costs
* Maintains expected case load.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
* Makes sales calls by calling on local businesses to solicit new business
* May assist less-experienced adjusters with claims handling.
* Licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions
* At least 4 years outside property claims experience in the Jacksonville area
* Outside adjusters must have a valid driver s license with a clean driving record
* Strong PC skills to include Xactimate and/or Simbility
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Strong analytical and mathematical ability
* Advanced industry certifications ie: AIC, CPCU
* Advanced education beyond high school
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement Potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.