Property Adjuster I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Property Adjuster I in the Raleigh Branch Office, ideally living in and servicing the Triangle Area or surrounding areas, you will exercise independent discretion or judgment in handling property claims within designated level of authority. You will also be responsible for servicing assigned territory and may handle litigated claims.
* This position works from home in the territory as stated above.
* Candidates with above minimum qualifications may be considered for a Property Adjuster II position. Number of years and scope of experience will determine level.
* A company car is provided.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Customer service skills
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Decision-making skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Negotiation skills
* Communication skills
* Organizational skills
* Ability to handle stressful situations and work under pressure
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle
* Physical ability and willingness to climb onto roofs and to lift and climb ladders
* Willingness to work in inclement weather
* Willingness to work in undesirable indoor environments (eg houses exposed to flooding, fires)
* Ability to work in confined spaces
* Minimum Required Education Requirements:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Bachelor s degree preferred plus.
* Two years claims adjusting experience, preferably with property claims; or
* Four years construction experience; or
* Successful completion of ERIE s Smart Start Program, required.
* Willingness to pursue and complete Technical Learning Center Training required.
* Successful completion of AIC 33 and AIC 35 preferred.
* Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
* Position requires incumbent to serve on catastrophe duty, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks.
* Appropriate license as required by state.
* Valid driver s license and good driving record required.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Often (20-50%); 20-50 lbs. Often (20-50%); Over 50 lbs. Often (20-50%)
* Driving: Frequent (50-80%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.