Property Claim Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
PROPERTY CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE
Salary Range: $49,114 - $56,482 - $63,848
Description: Works within specific limits and authority on property claim assignments of moderate technical complexity. Determines coverage and investigates, analyzes, negotiates and settles claims while delivering quality customer service in a high volume, low to moderate complexity work environment. Based on business need, this role may be either primarily based inside OR may be assigned a specific field territory.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Coverage/Investigation/Liability - Determines whether or not proper coverage exists for the type of claim assigned. Investigates thoroughly to obtain relevant facts concerning all aspects of the claim, such as coverage, liability, legal climate, potential exposure, and damages, and makes decisions, where appropriate, on claim resolution. Monitors ongoing case development for appropriateness.
2. Damages - Determines the value of the physical damage of property, automobiles, or injuries through inspections and use of appropriate tools. Obtains all necessary documentation to support claim evaluation. Recognizes claim file exposures and escalates appropriately.
3. Communication - Maintains effective and ongoing communications with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, other insurance companies, representatives, vendors, and company personnel.
4. Customer Service - Ensures customer service excellence. Responsible for the customer and agent experience associated with assigned claims.
5. Reserving/Reporting - In accordance with Westfield s reserving philosophy establishes and reviews proper reserves for each claim based upon thorough investigation, evaluation, and experience. Completes appropriate reports so that the current status of the claim is clearly documented at all times.
6. Negotiation/Settlement - Within decision making authority, negotiates timely and appropriate settlements with insureds, claimants, vendors, attorneys, and other insurance companies. Refers claims exceeding authority to appropriate leader or complex claims specialist with recommendations.
1. Proven ability to handle property claims with exposure up to $25,000.
2. 2 or more year s equivalent claims adjusting/industry related experience or five years as a Claims Administrative Assistant.
3. Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Proficient use of various core systems, office and computer equipment, and software packages.
5. Insurance industry designation such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc.
6. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
7. Bachelor s Degree or commensurate experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
For reps assigned to a specific field territory:
* Ability to physically inspect damaged property and/or loss locations, including the following: ascend/descend a 24' ladder, carry 60 lbs. (ex. ladder weight), traverse a sloped roof surface, walk, kneel, crawl, navigate rough terrain and inspect property in low light circumstances.
* Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.