Property Operations Director 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Property Operations Director will take the prime management role in directing the operations of over 2,000 apartments located in four states, with opportunity to grow the portfolio. This person will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to achieve maximum revenue, preserve and enhance property values, empower property managers to accomplish objectives, and create a positive work environment.
This individual must possess a proven track record in successfully managing multiple properties through leading managers, staff, and support personnel. This person must be highly skilled at both verbal and written communications with investors, owners, colleagues, and associates. Experience level and knowledge requirements call for 10+ years' work in property management, including on-site property management as well as oversight of multiple properties in various market areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual would need competencies in the following areas:
* Leadership - able to inspire excellence in staff members by demonstrating good business practices and promoting accountability in self and others, giving and receiving feedback and investing in the success of the entire team
* Financial - can create a budget and financial plan with underlying strategies to maximize income and minimize expenses, forecasting future performance and validating capital expenditures with adequate return on investment
* Capital Project / Value Add - Can assist in directly developing and executing on value-add programs. Propose renovations, capital expenditure items, and assess the necessity and/or return on costs.
* Organization - must be able to master multiple projects simultaneously, take responsibility for project management at the corporate and property level, and communicate and direct progress so that projects are completed on time and within budget, demonstrating effective time management
* Interpersonal - able to communicate effectively with others, maintaining company values while achieving individual and team success, effectively demonstrating and teaching best practices in resident relations and personnel practices
This person will participate in and conduct meetings to disseminate information, assess needs, and make decisions regarding actions to be taken. The ability to present knowledge with enthusiasm, honesty, and personal integrity is essential to providing team leadership at an executive level. Having the experience and skills to quickly analyze a situation or a report and extract the key information leading to successful decisions will be necessary.
Requirements (highly preferred)
* Degree in Business, Real Estate, or related field
* Real Estate License, industry certifications CAPS, CAM, CPM, or other
* 10+ years in property management leadership role, with at least 3+ in multiple site oversight
* Company provides competitive salary along with bonus program, medical insurance, generous vacation and 401k programs.
* Travel will be required up to 20% of time.