Proposal / Business Development Specialist
A mid-size company providing services to the Federal Government and commercial clients in the greater Washington DC area is seeking a Proposal/Business Development (BD) Specialist to support activities to grow their business.
Responsibilities include proposal management and other activities across all stages of business development and capture with a focus on assisting in the development of high quality proposals to win new business. The Proposal/BD Specialist works closely with proposal teams, capture teams, and senior management to develop, influence, and shape the market strategies to support growth targets.
Specific Proposal/Business Development Specialist activities include:
* Providing proposal coordination and management during preparation of proposal responses
* Writing high-quality and compliant proposals
* Documenting meetings and managing any resulting action items
* Assisting in maintaining partner relationships and teams
In addition to these proposal responsibilities, the Proposal/BD Specialist would also support pre-proposal capture and pipeline efforts by:
* Identifying, researching, and qualifying new leads and existing pipeline
* Gathering and analyzing customer and competitive intelligence
* Developing account opportunity and individual capture plans
* Informing Bid/No-Bid Gate Reviews
* Preparing corporate briefings including capture and proposal management plans
Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus plan commensurate with skills and experience.
* Minimum of two (2) years' business development experience with a small- or mid-sized business
* Strong familiarity with capture and proposal preparation procedures
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Well-developed organizational and time management skills
* Knowledge of federal contracting regulations and processes
* Experience supporting the development of a qualified pipeline of contract opportunities preferred
* Bachelor's degree
Please note that this position is not for a technical or business analyst; it is for a proposal/business development specialist.
Twenty Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.