This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Join our growing Corporate Development team and play a critical role in Business Development at client! Working in concert with other Corporate Development team members, subject matter experts, and functional leaders, the Proposal Developer creates high-quality, consistent, and compliant responses to nationwide managed care health insurance opportunities. This position partners with key leaders to gather data and to identify solutions that address content or capability gaps. Using the data collected, the proposal developer translates highly technical information into compelling prose that meets the needs of government customers and complies with contract requirements.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated associates to join our team. To that end, relocation assistance and/or telework opportunities may be available. We anticipate significant growth on this team and expect opportunities for career growth!
Specifically, the Proposal Developer is responsible for:
* Reviewing and interpreting RFP information including statements of work (SOW) and submission requirements to identify business requirements and information needed for competitive responses.
* Identifying and gathering content and information from multiple sources, including past proposal submissions, policies & procedures, other organizational materials, and assisting in market research and competitive analysis activities, as needed.
* Reviewing available materials to identify needed content and gaps. Preparing and conducting interviews with internal stakeholders, consultants, and subject matter experts (SME) to confirm response approach and obtain content. Using strategic understanding of company and opportunity to suggest features, benefits, and value propositions to be included in assigned responses and assist in resolving content gaps.
* Developing narrative responses that are compliant, competitive, compelling, and customer-focused, and that fully incorporate appropriate SOW elements, contract requirements, and key messaging/themes, and comply with prescribed style.
* Coordinating and managing assigned responses to ensure information is collected from SMEs and assimilated into the response to meet established deadlines--including creating personal timelines and SME deadlines. Identifying and communicating issues that risk completion of assigned sections in a timely and complete manner compliant with the project schedule.
* Revising assigned responses using feedback from various review sessions.
* Supporting the final production of RFX-response documents as directed by Proposal Management, which may include editing, formatting, PDF-conversion, printing, and binder assembly.
* Contributing to ongoing development and maintenance of proposal development ongoing process improvement efforts to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of external-facing deliverables.
* Adhering to and reinforcing proposal development processes, templates, guidelines, and deadlines.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degreerequired. Preferred majors include the following: journalism, communications, English, health care administration, or public health.
* 3+ years of proposal development, technical writing, or business analysis experience, preferably with large, complex RFPs in a highly regulated environment (e.g. state or government programs) or with large, complex systems/process initiatives where information gathering and synthesis of data is required.
* Minimum of 2years working knowledge of the Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, or public health industry preferred.
* Knowledge of proposal best practices and state/federal procurement rules & restrictions.
* Shipley training/certification and knowledge of the public health/health insurance industry highly desired.
* Excellent writing skills in both technical and marketing disciplines, including strong ability to effectively organize ideas and synthesize large amounts of data, as well as demonstrated analytical skills ensure compliance with business and/or contract requirements.
* Experience collaborating among various teams, including all levels of staff and management, to develop high-quality technical and strategic documents.
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively interview technical experts and build understanding between multiple parties.
* Ability to work with limited supervision, manage ambiguity, make sound decisions, proactively solve problems, and self-manage time.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with irregular hours needed to meet tight deadlines.
* Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
* Travel may be required.