This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONVenesco LLC is looking for an experienced PROPOSAL MANAGER to work at our headquarters in CHANTILLY, VA. The Proposal Manager oversees all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
* Assist the Capture/Sales Team Leader in managing and directing all proposal efforts and personnel.
* Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies, themes and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan.
* Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium.
* Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs.
* Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements.
* Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded.
* Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule.
* Develop a Pink Team (storyboard review) plan for the interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches.
* Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed.
* Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved.
* Develop a Red Team plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal.
* Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the final proposal.
* Direct the Proposal Coordinator in all proposal development and production activities.
* Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Supervisor.
* Bachelor's Degree in creative / technical writing components or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years of proposal management and/or writing experience in response to Federal Government procurement solicitations including development and usage of win themes and strategies.
* Skilled in organization and thinking strategically to improve outcomes for proposals/volumes.
* Demonstrate initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, problem-solving, and the capability to work independently, while guided by broad policies and objectives.
* Proven ability to effectively manage small teams in with dynamically changing requirements and priorities.
* Must have experience overseeing the full life-cycle of proposal development, including planning, scheduling, and managing competitive proposals, with end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, while serving as a writer, editor, and/or reviewer as required.
* Specific proposal writing training is preferred (e.g., Shipley Associates).
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must possess strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading.
* Must be detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
* Experience managing structured proposal processes and procedures.
* Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery. Experience with defined business development processes required
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
* Capable of reprioritizing efforts to meet dynamic workload and schedule shifts. Ability to manage multiple concurrent proposal efforts.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
* Working knowledge of common graphic design packages (e.g., Visio, Publisher); other graphics programs a plus (e.g., Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator).
ABOUT VENESCO, LLC:
Based in Chantilly, VA, Venesco, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability.
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.