This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Join our growing Corporate Development team and play a critical role in Business Development at client. This role is reporting to the Director, Proposals and Applications, the Manager, Proposals and Applications, is responsible for managing the development and execution of assigned large-scale RFX (RFP, RFA, RFI, etc.) submissions. This position will oversee and lead a team of proposal writers and coordinators, in addition to external consultant resources, in the development of winning proposals.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated associates to join our team. To that end, relocation assistance and/or telework opportunities may be available. We anticipate significant growth on this team and expect opportunities for career growth!
* For assigned efforts, develops and manages proposal management plan, including the proposal schedule, RFX response matrix, assignments, and deadlines, to ensure progress milestones are achieved and proposal is submitted on time. Ensures proposal management documents, including the draft review guide, are shared with stakeholders.
* Collaborates with the Director, Proposals and applications, to define resource needs and staff project appropriately. Works with corporate and line of business management to identify Core Team and Subject Matter Expert (SME) resources.
* Engages in the market or product development phase prior to RFX (RFP, RFA, RFI, etc.) release in order to become familiar with the market, product(s), and customer's needs.
* Works with Market Development, Market Entry, and business/functional leads to develop response strategy and RFP content. Collaborates with leaders to develop win themes and differentiators. Communicates findings to internal and consultant proposal team/writers.
* Assists in developing RFX-related analyses, including competitive and market research before an opportunity and debriefing assessments after evaluation results are received.
* Reviews the government solicitation to identify key milestones, required deliverables, and evaluation criteria. Ensures rapid response to RFP Q& A process, related RFP amendments, and implements required changes to proposal.
* Contributes to the development and implementation of win themes at response, section, and question levels. Reviews responses to ensure strategic content is appropriately captured and represented.
* Develops written responses to RFPs, particularly in higher visibility sections, including Executive Summary and legal/finance sections.
* Ensures all proposal promises are documented and communicated to Compliance and New Business Activation in a timely manner.
* Ensures the final product is compliant with RFX requirements and is produced and delivered with highest quality and before the due date to avoid potential complications with submission.
* Coordinates with Market Entry project manager to communicate progress, facilitate decision-making, and resolve open decisions, issues, and risks.
* Participates in reviews at all stages in the proposal. Leads color team reviews at all stages in the proposal to drive proposal progress and ensure proposal strategy and content is appropriately captured in the written response.
* Manage Q serves as authority to resolve scope of work interpretation differences.
* Serves as key point of contact throughout RFP response and coordinates resolution of issues. Leads weekly/daily proposal status meetings to facilitate decision-making and resolve open issues.
* Defines, documents, implements, and continually improves routine, repeatable, and measureable proposal development processes and tools.
* The ability to flex schedule in relation to workload demand is critical to ensure timely and quality proposal submissions.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degreerequired. Preferred majors include the following: business, journalism, communications, English, health care administration, or public health. Masters degreepreferred
* 5 years of related proposal development / writing experience, with one to two years supervisory/management experience. Proposal preparation in a Medicare, Medicaid, or government contract environment
* APMP or Shipley certifications preferred.
* Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to clearly communicate needed changes to appropriate parties.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends during peak times to meet established RFP