This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROPOSAL MANAGER
Manager, Clinical Analytics, Proposals & Contracts
Location remote anywhere in the US
Provide strategic input and in depth review of Clinical Data Management and Biometrics service inclusions in regards to budgetary considerations and supporting text. These activities pertain to the contribution to and for Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Functional Service Provider (FSP) opportunities and Request for Information (RFIs) in support of the development of the RFP and/or FSP opportunities, as well as Contracts and Change Orders. Where necessary seek further understanding of client s buying criteria and associated needs such as technical expertise, cost constraints and operational needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reports to Associate Director, Clinical Analytics Proposals & Contracts
* Develop and adhere to established proposal writing processes, including technical and management components
* Apply proposal development best-practices and maintain schedule discipline
* Review distributed requests for information and/or proposals and change orders including all accompanying informational materials.
* Effective relationship management with stakeholders to fully understand and articulate the proposed solution on behalf of Clinical Data Management and Biometrics.
* Evaluate and articulate bid and delivery strategies
* Participate in and contribute as needed in strategic teleconferences or direct correspondence with clients and internal stakeholders
* Interface with the Clinical Analytics Senior Management, as well as other departmental leads, regarding strategic operational pricing and planning while meeting client and internal business requirements
* Track all Clinical Data Management and Biometrics opportunities and the associated high level details; maintain a customer-service philosophy (for both internal and external customers) and work closely with Proposal Managers, business development personnel, operational managers, and clients
* If necessary, and requested, participate, along with the Business Development team, in client meetings to clarify Clinical Data Management and Biometrics specifications and client needs
* Write or integrate and edit sections of the proposal as required, including cover letters, executive summaries, management approaches, and technical solutions
* Support management of change order process and development of change order logs
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sensitivity to tight deadlines and working within a collaborative group
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIORS
* Strong communication and organization skills; excellent analytical, attention to detail, problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
* Solid critical thinking, problem resolution, and time management skills
* Demonstrated proposal writing experience
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner
* Ability to multi-task and meet tight timelines in a fast paced environment; strong leadership skills and management of process; efficient and deadline conscious
* Strong financial acumen and understanding of basic Clinical Data Management and/or Biometrics service offerings within the CRO industry; ability to apply strategic insight during the sales process
* Operate as a multifunctional team member
* Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple, time-sensitive priorities
* MS office skills; demonstrate technical writing skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Four year business, science or related degree or experience equivalent
* Minimum 6 years of experience in related CRO or pharmaceutical industry; minimum of 4 years of proposal development experience
* Minimal travel required; ability to operate a personal computer; work at a desk for long periods of time; ability to work independently in a home office environment
* Experience working remotely from home preferred
At Chiltern, you ll join a team of like-minded individuals headed by some of the most dynamic and influential leaders in drug and medical device development today. You ll work on cutting-edge global research projects in a fast-paced but collegial atmosphere where you ll have the opportunity to make meaningful and acknowledged contributions. You ll have opportunities to grow personally and professionally and abundant room for advancement along with generous incentive programs.
Chiltern is a leading midsized provider of comprehensive clinical research and development services with offices in more than 30 countries and a customer base comprised of some of the world's top pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. As a forerunner in medical device and drug-device combination trials with notable capabilities in pharmaceuticals and biologics, Theorem offers deep expertise in a broad range of therapeutic areas and in all phases of development. With some of the industry's top scientists and most advanced clinical analytics capabilities, Theorem ensures smooth-running, successful trials. For the full-service, right-size global research partner, don't think twice. THINK CHILTERN.
Chiltern is an equal opportunity employer, M/*F/*D/*V
Chiltern is an EEO / AA Employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Email Jim Doyle