Proposal Manager 8/26/2016
Signature Consulting Group
Windsor Mill, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _POSITION OVERVIEW:_
Proposal Managers are responsible for the preparation of all assigned proposals, from concept through presentation to the client. Proposal Managers work with Business Development personnel during the capture phase to the transition of preparing the actual proposal. The proposal shall meet the requirements of the client and clearly define the scope of work and services to both the client and the SCG Business Development Management Team. The Proposal shall be prepared in a timely manner to comply with internal review requirements and customer requirements.
* Serve as primary point of contact between the proposal documentation team and the solution team
* Monitor, review, and direct proposal progress from a top management perspective, ensuring adherence to SCG processes
* Review the inquiry documents for special requirements.
* Distribute inquiry documents to others involved in the proposal and estimate preparation as required.
* Obtain assistance from other departments (Deliveries, Contract Administration, etc.) as required to prepare the proposal.
* Primary responsibility for preparation/review of the proposal write-ups.
* Prepare initial assessment of the technical, financial, schedule or any other unusual risks associated with a proposal.
* Clearly define the Scope of Work and Services offered to the Customer and identify any clarifications or exceptions to the Customer's inquiry.
* Maintain knowledge of approved company vendors, estimating methods as well as project execution procedures.
* Coordinate/manage all proposal activities as defined in the SCG Proposal Handbook
* Define templates to be used (proposal, resume, tables, etc) & suggests Process Improvements for future proposals
* Act as Lead for all proposal meetings
* Assigns or acts as Scribe for all meetings
* Facilitate & schedule all needed proposal meetings and status calls
* Prepare communications & status updates
* Conduct Lessons Learned meetings to obtain feedback to incorporate into future proposals.
_JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:_
* 8+ years of proposal experience
* Excellent verbal and personal presentation skills with the ability to persuasively present and represent SCG's business capabilities Strong knowledge of Microsoft product suite, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced Excel skills
* Ability to function in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
* Capacity to handle multiple objectives and workflows
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Communicating and interacting effectively with senior levels of internal and external organizations
_JOB QUALIFICATIONS OPTIONAL:_
Understanding and experience in federal policies specifically Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is highly preferable. Software development lifecycle development and/or Health Domain experience is a plus.