Proposal Operations Manager (2012873)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will be based in our HQ located in Ashburn, VA.
Proposal Operations Manager
The Proposal Operations Manager will oversee all proposal management, coordination and production activities associated with Task Order business opportunities and business unit pursuits efforts within Telos ID. The candidate must be a hands-on, goal oriented individual that can manage both direct report employees, as well as coordinate effective support across other lines of business. Candidate should have strong skills and experiences related to proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. Responsibilities include:
* Plan, budget, build and manage a robust proposal operations center with a primary objective of developing and submitting compliant and high quality proposals that result in new business awards.
* Oversee and/or participate in the selection and implementation of proposal operations infrastructure, including tools and resources necessary to support proposal development and production activities.
* Support the development and implementation of gate reviews that include the identification and coordination of proposal resources for pre-RFP and post-RFP activities
* Lead and manage all proposal operations, to include:
* Development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP)
* Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium
* Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer s issues and needs
* Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the ful llment of all requirements
* Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded
* Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
* Coordinate, manage and lead color team reviews
* Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed
* Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved
* Direct the Proposal Coordinator in all proposal development and production activities
* Oversee submittal of all proposal and other related deliverables
* Participate in black hat, price to win and other related capture activities to ensure all inputs are properly incorporated into proposals and are articulated accurately and consistent with capture manager guidance
* Serve as the overall quality manager for all aspects of the proposal, including content quality, compliance, production, etc.
* 5-10 years of proposal operations and proposal management experience
* Demonstrated experience with successfully building a proposal operations team and managing multiple proposal efforts ranging from quick-response task orders to major strategic opportunities
* Demonstrated success bidding and winning new contracts within the Federal Government information technology market.
* Ability to interface and lead with proposal development assets for pre-RFP efforts, bid and production activities, as well as transition tasks
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* Strong understanding of the Shipley capture management process
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. EOE/AA
Ashburn, Virginia, United States