Proposal Project Manager - P&C - (Chicago)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon is looking for a Proposal Project Manager in the Chicago office.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our AON RISK SOLUTIONS Bid Proposal group.
Reporting to the Director of Bid Management Risk, the proposal project manager will work on bids for our Aon Risk Solutions (ARS U.S.) business unit. The opportunities will focus on our property and casualty (P&C) lines of business.
The Proposal Project Manager will lead, plan, develop, produce, and deliver proposal and presentation deliverables required by client solicitation (Request for Proposals). This includes hands-on management of the entire bid process, which includes, but is not limited to: identification of development of outlines, completion of writing assignments, monitoring time lines, editing, and ensuring compliance.
You will work with account teams, brokers, subject matter experts and designers, to ensure that proposals and presentations reflect a clear strategy, strong written/technical content, and visually align with the Aon brand.
The project manager is expected to also assist in recommending process improvements to meet national goals for new business and client retention.
YOUR IMPACT AS A PROPOSAL PROJECT MANAGER.
* Lead project management efforts for the RFP response process
* Organize and lead bid meetings and ensure a response strategy is established and implemented
* Provide strategic and content direction for the preparation of proposals and presentations to achieve a response that is aligned with the defined approach
* Work with account teams, brokers, and subject matter experts to develop customized content
* Partner with the lead designer to ensure proposals and presentations are visually impactful
* Write, revise, proofread, and transmit proposals in response to RFPs and presentations specific to client situation
* Lead presentation brainstorming and development sessions, and conduct rehearsals with client-facing colleagues for finalist presentations
* Continue to develop a practical and working knowledge of risk brokerage
BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related fields in Communication required
* 3-5 years professional work experience in bid management required; similar industry experience strongly preferred
* Significant background in the development of custom strategic content (leveraging strategic messaging/value propositions) and strong editing skills required
* Ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, meeting all deadlines
* Experience with oral presentations, partnering with a designer and the account team required
* Ability to learn quickly and show flexibility to adapt in a growing group, working both independently and with a team mentality (required)
* Advanced knowledge of Word and Proposal Management Software (SharePoint, Qvidian, etc) strongly preferred
* Basic Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com knowledge required
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420809
CATEGORY: Business Development/Sales Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Chicago