This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Proposal Writer is responsible for developing a range of proposal content that meets proposal compliance and quality standards. The incumbent develops proposal content in coordination with the Proposal Manager and the proposal team.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Reviews and interprets Requests for Proposal (RFP) requirements to develop comprehensive, compliant proposal outlines and writing templates.
* Collaborates with Proposal Manager and other proposal writers to brainstorm strategy and approach and ensure decisions are captured in proposal outlines, templates, and other documentation.
* Tracks RFP and amendment releases, and routes all RFP documents to appropriate filing locations and proposal team members.
* Performs a comparison analysis between RFP and amendments and updates proposal documentation with revised requirements and strategy as necessary.
* Leads development of assigned proposal sections, to include:
* Initiating and performing research on subject matter to aid strategy and technical development and presenting findings to Proposal Manager.
* Assessing existing boilerplate against narrative requirements to determine what additional resources are necessary to complete proposal sections, including specific subject matter expert needs.
* Developing templates and other proposal management documentation as appropriate to complete assigned tasks.
* Leading and performing subject matter interviews in a variety of ways by assessing abilities of subject matter experts and adapting interview methods. This could include e-mail, phone, and in-person interviews.
* Writing and editing original text, tailoring boilerplate, and rewriting third-party contributions to fulfill RFP requirements, with attention to crafting narrative that is compliant with requirements, inclusive of strategy, compelling to the reader, and meets Chugach standards.
* Performing detailed compliance analysis between RFP requirements and proposal narratives written by other authors and provide feedback to ensure a compliant final product.
* Copy editing for grammar, spelling, factual accuracy, clarity, and Chugach standards,
* Formatting documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and Adobe InDesign and Acrobat according to RFP requirements and Chugach standards and provide Proposal Manager with print-ready final documents.
* Maintaining organized files and drafts of work in appropriate locations and according to Chugach standards.
* Directs the production and packaging of proposal documents for formal reviews, when assigned.
* Assists the Proposal Manager in developing the review team evaluation package and in analyzing suggested review changes and leads all review team changes in assigned proposal sections.
* Assists the Proposal Manager with all proposal production activities, including directing production activities for assigned volumes or sections. This includes assembling binders, printing large documents, and ensuring accuracy in final product.
* Acts as a Volume Lead.
* Acts as Proposal Manager in managers absence.
* Researches and drafts proposal boilerplate independent of assigned proposals.
* Leads or participates in additional projects, such as maintenance of department desk guide and style guide and archiving boilerplate.
* Performs related work as assigned.
* Highly organized, detailed oriented, and display strong time-management skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and intermediate proficiency in Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to use common office machinery, such as computers and printers.
* Ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight, multiple, and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
* Ability to think strategically, apply sound judgment, be resourceful, troubleshoot, and take initiative.
* Be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* A Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, or English with an emphasis in writing/editing.
* Four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
* Five (5) years experience in a position requiring writing and editing.
* Two (2) years experience in a position requiring organizing, coordinating, and publishing large documents.
* One (1) year in the position of writing proposals for federal government customers or similar experience in another proposal writing field.
* Familiarity with technical areas in which Chugach Alaska Corporation and its companies work, including base operations, facility operations and maintenance, construction, information technology, or education services.