Protective Security Instructor (Casual)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Our Company
Triple Canopy provides mission support, security and training services to government agencies and multinational corporations worldwide. Triple Canopy values diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. We are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. As set forth in its Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, Triple Canopy / Constellis Group is committed to the highest standards of integrity, ethical behavior, and compliance with all applicable laws. As a prospective employee of Triple Canopy / Constellis Group, I will support these objectives by complying with all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations and fulfilling humanitarian responsibilities towards all those affected by the Company s business activities. I also agree to respect the various cultures in all parts of the world in which it operates.
Protective Security Instructor (Casual)
Moyock, NC US (Primary)
High School or Equivalent
How much Travel*
Develops and provides required instruction on all aspects of area of assignment (i.e. PSD, Firearms, Defensive tactics, etc.) prior to deployment for international assignment. Serves as fully qualified subject matter expert (SME) in subjects identified in outline of the DS training curriculum.
* Maintains presence at the designated training facility for all instruction and attends all practical exercises
* Sets up and maintains training facility (ranges, driving courses, equipment, etc.)
* Ensures accountability for all training equipment
* Ensures safety of students. Communicates and ensures compliance with all company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines
* Provides instruction and conducts training courses utilizing prescribed curriculum
* Develops and maintain training plans
* Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment
* Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial instruction
* Completes and files all required reports in a timely manner
* Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards, and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs
* Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be U.S. Citizen
* Current U. S. issued passport and a current driver s license
* Must be able to obtain MRPT clearance
* High school diploma required
* Must meet all DS instructor standards and must demonstrate the DS procedures and techniques to the DS Training Center Training Unit, including physical fitness testing
* Must be a fully qualified SME in at least two subjects for the Bio categories of Resources, Explosive Countermeasures, Tactical Medical, DDM, Protective Operations, Firearms, Chem/Bio, Tactical Skills, Vehicle Dynamics/Technical Driving, Off Road/Unimproved Driving and Hostage Survival
* BFFOC Certification required for all Firearms Instructors and DDM Instructors.
* Three years of full-time instructional experience in field of expertise
* Three years of operational experience in field of expertise
* Must have attended and completed at least 80 hours of training in adult learning and/or instructional techniques or 80 hours of contractor provided instructor refresher course
* Experience must be within the last 10 years
* Experience may have been gained in any of the following organizations:
* U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Service
* U. S Secret Service
* U. S. Federal Agencies ( e.g., FBI, former special agents with protective security background)
* U. S. Special Operations Forces
* U. S. Military
* Commercial executive protection services with military or police background
* Law enforcement experience
* U. S. Military Police/Criminal Investigation Division
* Local and State law enforcement agencies with Emergency Services Unit, Special Weapons and Tactical training
* Spanish language skills are a plus
* Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
* Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. In addition to work in a classroom setting, frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 to 5:00, however some extended or weekend hours are required, and work schedule will vary. International travel to high threat / high risk or austere areas required.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Triple Canopy is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.