Provider Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
ABOUT: THE CHILD CARE RESOURCE CENTER (CCRC)
Child Care Resource Center (CCRC) promotes optimal child development and family well-being through access to quality child care, family support, economic development, and community education. CCRC assists parents, child care professionals, employers, and local communities in all matters related to early care and education. Our mission has been guided by the belief that our social and economic future depends on the quality of a young child s experiences. Our current programs include Head Start and Early Head Start, Child Care Financial Assistance, Child Care Resources and Referral, and our Family Child Care Home Education Network.
CCRC is a private not-for-profit agency dedicated to the promotion of higher standards in child care and early education for children, parents, child care providers and the community. We are celebrating 35 years in business this year. Each month, we provide QUALITY SUPPORT, DEVELOPMENT, AND EDUCATION to tens of thousands of children and families in our 22,500-square-mile service area. Although our service area is vast and our clients number in the thousands, we remain A UNIQUE AND DISTINCTIVE LEADER in the child care industry.
BE PART OF OUR TEAM .
We are looking for a Provider Support Specialist with a proven track record of Customer support and administrative experience. At CCRC we believe in teamwork, having fun and achieving success. You could play a key role in guaranteeing that success continues by using your skills to support our child care providers.
General Summary: The Specialist is responsible for the processing of designated provider paperwork and provider documentation in accordance with State guidelines and regulations for specific State funded programs. The Specialist also provides technical assistance to child care providers to explain the requirements and regulations of the specific subsidy program.
To be successful, you will need:
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years related clerical and customer service experience or any combination of post high school education and experience which would enable the candidate to successfully perform the functions of the position.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to successfully interface with others
* Excellent organizational skills; knowledge of general office procedures
* Strong mathematical and analytical skills
* Ability to be flexible and innovative as the needs of the program to support department and agency programs
* Excellent computer experience in Access, Word Excel and/or other Microsoft Windows based applications desired
* Knowledge of community resources
* Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to honor confidentiality, and work sensitively and supportively with participating families
* Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments
* Automobile, auto insurance, California Driver s License and clean DMV record
* Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule including evenings and weekends
Keys areas of responsibility include the ability to:
* Review and process provider paperwork and child care provider updates in compliance with Agency policies and State requirements.
* Provide technical assistance and resources for internal/external customers within the next business day to include entering of information into appropriate databases as needed.
* Maintain child care provider files and documentation to include appropriate documents required per program guidelines and regulations.
* Responsible for mail processing to include the processing of returned mail.
* Process Trustline applications per Agency and State requirements.
CCRC offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.