Provisional Food Safety Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Business Assurance North America s Food and Beverage Division is seeking Provisional Food Safety Auditors. Provisional Food Safety Auditors partner with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities. As independent third party auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality products.
Provisional Food Safety Auditors perform 2nd and 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. The auditor in training will be assigned assessment audits to increase their auditing hours to qualify for GFSI benchmarked or ISO 9001 audits according to the needs of the organization and individual qualifications. Provisional Food Safety auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain. This position can be based in any office in Nationwide, USA.
Tasks May Include
* Performs 2nd and 3rd party certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers
* Performs 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
* Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
* Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
* Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
What We\'re Asking
* Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or a related field
* Must have a minimum of four years of full-time work experience in the food-chain-related industry, including at least two years of work in quality assurance or food safety functions within food production or manufacturing, retailing, inspection or enforcement, or the equivalent.
* Must have experience with internal, 2nd party audits, SQF practitioner, SQF Food Safety or ISO 9001 audits in F&B industry.
* Must have the ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
* Must have the ability to write thorough audit reports
* Must be able to work proficiency in MS Office
* Must have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
* Must be willing and able to travel to client sites up to 80% of the time
* Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds in addition to transporting one s own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel with that which is lifted, carried or transported
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
* Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V