Psychology Postdoc Resident
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Psychology Postdoctoral Resident provides an advanced level of clinical mental health services, primarily in the inpatient acute setting. Primary duties include crisis intervention, assessment and diagnosis, short-term stabilization, psychotherapy, psychological assessment, and consultation. Clinical supervision, educational presentations, and research activities may also be provided. Services are based on sound theoretical principles, with knowledge of the special issues and needs of the population served. The Resident provides services to meet the multifaceted needs of a diverse population, with attention to the policies and procedures of TMC-BHN, cultural competency, and trauma-informed practices, and is expected to interact professionally with internal and external service providers. This individual will receive required supervised hours toward licensure in the State of Missouri according to the Board of Psychologists.
* PhD or PsyD in Psychology
* Eligible for a provisional license in the State of Missouri as a Psychologist
* Must have knowledge of psychiatric terminology, the process of diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of empirically-supported theory and practice of psychotherapy and assessment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational ability, and social facility are required for the ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to provide education to staff and in the community.
* Must be able to demonstrate good independent judgment, adapt to new duties, and work in a changing environment.
* Must be able to function well and adapt to the pace and process of an acute setting.
Prior inpatient experience preferred
8:00AM - 4:30PM