Public Benefits Coordinator - OUMC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08950-123924
Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others* Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment* Jump-start your career in our Government Programs department and apply today to be a Public Benefits Coordinator.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As a Public Benefits Coordinator, you would be responsible for interviewing and assisting uninsured/underinsured patients with eligibility for Medicaid or Social Security Disability.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Reviews all referred uninsured patients for potential state and federal assistance programs.
* Assists with application process to facilitate possible assistance approval and timely billing.
* Visits with patient in hospital or outside location (i.e., residence, employer, etc.) to finalize documents vital to assistance approval.
* Reviews all inpatient admissions to identify and ensure accurate record of all Medicaid primary and secondary eligible days. If application denied, assists patients with appeals process as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
* Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* High school diploma or GED required
* At least two years work experience interacting with customers and patients regarding financial issues, financial eligibility experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSE - N/A
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 08/26/2016